This is a 40 hour per week internship that is expected to last approximately 4 months. Internships will be for winter (starts in January) or for summer (starts in May) of 2018. Normal office hours are between 6:30am-5:30pm Monday through Friday. Get experience supporting systems and delivering services to users at Church Headquarters and millions of users throughout the world. This internship position represents an unusual and exciting opportunity to work for one of the largest Information Technology centers in the Wasatch Front. This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
This position will be located in Riverton, UT.
We are looking for an upbeat and dedicated individual who loves to work with customers and is capable of working independently or in group settings.
· You should be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
· Internship is for current temple worthy members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
· Solid business presentation skills (articulates technical concepts clearly - visually and verbally)
· Technology background is desired for this internship.
· Excellent communication skills for interacting with and providing information to management levels will be needed.
· Project management experience is desired.
- Understanding of marketing concepts (experience/portfolio a plus)
- Familiarity with the following tools/technologies:
- Microsoft SharePoint (not required)
- Omniture Site Catalyst
- Good technical and creative writing skills
- Experience with information management systems
- Experience in Windows environment and tools, especially Excel
· Strong influence skills are required
You will interact with customers, engineers, project managers, and other team members throughout the lifecycle of a technology product or service.
· Gather business requirements for technology solutions for global customers
· Work with project managers and engineers to make sure product specifications address the customer business requirements
· Manage metrics and craft executive reports
- Elicit customer requirements
- Assist team with marketing campaigns
- Respond to customer feedback
Assist with product launch activities, including:
· You will provide product support
· Provide end-user training when needed
· Initiate reports on product/service adoption rates
· Monitor support requests regarding needed product improvements
· Develop reports on product usage stats
· Assist in making recommendations when a product needs to be replaced, retired, or improved
· Work with state-of-the art tools to help develop enterprise solutions
· Mentor with highly experienced IT professionals
· We Hasten the Lord's Work
· We offer great pay
· You will be a member of a creative, spiritual, and highly motivated team and culture
· You will gain practical experience
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice. Apply at http://careers.lds.org. Click on the "Search and Apply for Jobs" link and enter the job reference ID# in the "Job Opening ID" field after signing in.
Interviews will be held on campus. Check with Career Services for the date and sign up for an interview.